A great salad is one that is colorful and tasty, filled with bright veggies that offer delicious crunch all topped with a dressing that pulls everything together. Salads are not limited to side dishes either; they’re great as a meal when the right ingredients are added to make it hearty and satisfying. We love our version of Israeli salad for all of these reasons: it’s bright, flavorful, and super satisfying. A salad of fresh veggies with a simple lemon and herb dressing is exactly what we’re looking for in a refreshing side dish.
Serves 4; 20 minutes
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 large cucumber, diced
- ½ medium red onion, diced
- 2 bell peppers (any color), diced
- Juice from 1 lemon (to taste)
- 1 ½ tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Toss tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, and bell peppers with Italian seasoning, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Salad is ready to eat, or refrigerate until ready to serve.