This is a quick and easy fix for when you just have to have that cinnamony cake thing 🙂 Most of the ingredients we already have on hand and throwing it together is no fuss and no muss! Great for a quick Sunday dessert or breakfast and also works well for those last minute school carry-to’s that the kids forgot to tell us about til the night before.
Cook time: 45 Min Prep time: 10 Min Serves: Makes 1 9″x13″ cake
3 c all purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 c sugar
4 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 c milk
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 c butter, melted
1 c butter, very softened
1 c brown sugar
2 Tbsp all purpose flour
2 Tbsp cinnamon
2 c powdered sugar
5 Tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. In a large bowl, mix all “BATTER” ingredients, except butter. Mix well
2. Slowly add in melted butter and mix well.
3. Pour batter into a greased 9″x13″ pan. (If you would like a thicker cake, you may also use a 9″x9″ pan)
4. In seperate bowl, mix topping ingredients together til combined.
5. Drop topping onto prepared batter and swirl with a butter knife.
6. Bake at in a preheated 350 degree oven for 40 minutes. (If you are using the 9″x9″ pan, bake for 50 mins)
7. Pull cake out of oven and mix glaze ingredients in seperate bowl.
8. While cake is still warm, drizzle glaze over top. Let stand 15 mins before cutting/serving
Last Step: Don’t forget to share!