Here’s my Mississippi Mud Cake Recipe. I think you’ll love it, too!. This very unusual cake recipe uses marshmallow cream in the batter for a taste everyone will love.
1 cup of melted butter (or 1 stick of butter and 1 stick of margarine)
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
4 large eggs (lightly beaten)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
1 (10.5-ounce) bag miniature marshmallows
1. Whisk together melted butter and next 5 ingredients in a large bowl. Stir in flour and chopped pecans.
2. Pour batter into a greased and floured 15- x 10-inch jellyroll pan.
3. Bake at 350° for 20 to 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
4. Remove from oven; top warm cake evenly with marshmallows. Return to oven, and bake 5 minutes.
5. Drizzle Chocolate Frosting (see recipe and instructions below) over warm cake.
TIP: Let these cool completely before cutting into squares!
I made this cake for my husband’s birthday and everyone that ate any wanted the recipe. It is absolutely delicious.
I have been searching for this recipe it is very close to one my grandma used to make! Thank You it’s awesome!
Oh my goodness! This is the one! If you are looking for amazing ooey gooey goodness this is perfect. Wow!