An easy low carb tasty meal that the whole family will enjoy.
Cook time: 45 Min
Prep time: 20 Min
Serves: 6 to 8
1 lb ground beef
1 lb bulk sausage (breakfast or Italian will work)
1 tsp oregano, dried
1 sm onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
10-12 oz fresh broccoli
1 pkg cream cheese, 8 oz.
1/2 c heavy cream
1/2 c Parmesan cheese, grated
8 oz mozzarella cheese, shredded
salt and pepper, to taste
1. In a large skillet, brown hamburger, sausage, onion, and garlic over a medium heat.
2. Season to taste with oregano, salt, and pepper; drain excess fat.
3. Meanwhile, steam the broccoli until tender yet still a little crisp; season with salt and pepper.
4. Place cream cheese in a microwaveable bowl and microwave on HIGH for about 45 seconds, until soft. Whisk until creamy and smooth.
5. Gradually whisk in the cream until smooth; stir in the Parmesan cheese.
6. Combine hamburger, broccoli and cream sauce in a large greased casserole dish (2 ½ quart or larger). Taste test and add additional salt, and pepper if desired.
7. Top with shredded cheese.
8. Bake at 350º for about 35-45 minutes, until bubbly around edges.
Last Step: Don’t forget to share!