Scalloped, casserole, souffle — whatever you call it, this recipe is a family favorite! It’s super fast, ridiculously easy, and positively addictive! Appears on every holiday table, as it pairs well with simply everything — and I always have to make a double recipe! Another life-saver with vegetarians at the table
Cook time: 45 Min
Prep time: 5 Min
1 can whole kernel corn, with liquid
1 can creamed corn
2 eggs, beaten well
1 c sour cream
1/2 c butter, melted
1 pkg jiffy corn muffin mix*
1. Beat the eggs in a large mixing bowl.
2. Dump in everything else, and whisk together until well combined.
3. Pour into a 2 qt. baking dish that has been prepared with food release spray.
4. Bake 45-50 minutes at 350* Let rest about 10 minutes before serving. (Don’t overbake — the center may seem a little soft/loose, but it’ll firm up as it sits.)
5. NOTES: Reheats well. If doubling the recipe, be sure to allow extra baking time and/or use a shallower baking dish. (I prefer more of a deep-dish presentation, so I use an extra-large casserole dish, and bake longer.) *This recipe is easily made gluten free by substituting GF cornbread mix; a Jiffy mix is small, so unless you’re doubling the recipe you’ll only want to use only a portion (half?) of the GF mix.
Last Step: Don’t forget to share!