Cinna-bun cake is a trend among the foodies these days. I love making them for my family and friends and it’s craved by all. I find it soothing to enjoy at home while reading a book or watching a movie.
My recipe is easy and the end product is soft, delicious and buttery with the amazing flavour of cinnamon. Butter and cinnamon are one of my favourite combinations in baking. The best part of this cake is the brown sugar flavoured butter with cinnamon swirled into the batter. That gives a perfectly gorgeous cake once baked. You would be amazed to know how comforting this cake is once you try this at home. It is a perfect family treat for weekends, with no fuss. The vanilla glaze should be thick, so add the milk gradually to get the right consistency.
Serve the cake once it is baked until golden brown with that beautiful glaze on top and that would be a match made in heaven.
What you need:
3 cups flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup sugar
4 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 cups milk
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons flour
1 tablespoon cinnamon
2 cups powdered sugar
5 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare a 9 x 13 baking pan (buttered).
- Mix all of the base ingredients together, with the exception of the butter. Add the melted butter last, and then pour into your prepared pan,
- Mix all of the topping ingredients together in a separate bowl. Mix well. Drop by teaspoonful over the base, as evenly as you can over the entire base. Take a butter knife and swirl the topping into the base. Pop into the oven and bake for 28-30 minutes.
- While the cake is baking, prepare the glaze and set aside.
- Remove from oven and glaze the cake while still warm