Everyone will love this dish.
Cook time: 40 Min
Prep time: 15 Min
2 1/2 lb round steak filets
5 oz evaporated milk
2 Tbsp hot pepper sauce
1/2 tsp salt
2 c all-purpose flour
2 tsp paprika
3/4 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
6 Tbsp fat from fry pan
6 Tbsp all-purpose flour
2 1/2 c milk
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Trim steak and pound, if needed, to 1/2 inch thick; cut into 6 to 8 pieces.
2. Combine milk, hot pepper sauce, and salt in a bowl.
3. Measure 1 cup of flour into a bowl.
4. Combine remaining flour, paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in another bowl.
5. Dip steak into flour, then milk mixture, and then into the seasoned flour.
6. Set aside until all meat is coated.
7. Heat 1 or 2 inches of oil in fry pan. Fry meat until both sides are golden brown, about 2 minutes per side.
8. Drain on paper towels.
9. CREAM GRAVY: Pour off all but 6 tablespoons of fat from fry pan; add 6 tablespoons flour into pan (use any leftover seasoned flour) and blend well.
10. Gradually stir in 2 1/2 cups milk.
11. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened. Season with salt and pepper. Makes 2 cups.
12. Cover steaks with gravy when served.